Starting the bankruptcy process
The first step in the bankruptcy process is scheduling an initial free consultation with our firm. To make the most of your consultation with the attorney, please bring the following items:
- Proof of income from all sources.
- Ex. Employment, Retirement, Social Security, Child Support, Alimony, etc…
- Please bring a recent paystub for yourself and your spouse (if applicable) even if you are filing individually. You may also use our income worksheet below.
- A copy of your most recent tax return.
- List of debts.
- Who you owe and how much.
- Addresses and account #’s will not be needed for the 1st Consultation.
- You can list who you owe and how much and/or bring a recent credit report.
- If you do not have a recent credit report, you may obtain one here. (It is not mandatory that you have a credit report for the 1st Consultation)
- Please bring any lawsuits, garnishments or foreclosure letters.
- A list of your monthly living expenses.
- You can write out your expenses or use our budget worksheet.
- If you are married, you will need to provide your spouse’s expenses even if you are filing individually.
The above forms make it easier for our attorneys to get started on your case and helps them determine what kind of bankruptcy will be the best option for you.
Questions about bankruptcy? We have answers.
For our clients’ convenience, we have provided a list of frequently asked questions about the bankruptcy process and its effects.
Take control of your finances and reclaim your life
From offices conveniently located in Athens, Douglasville, Gainesville, Lawrenceville, Marietta and Scottdale, Jeff Field & Associates is able to help people throughout the Atlanta metropolitan area and beyond. To schedule an appointment call 404-381-1278 or contact us online. Jeff Field & Associates represents clients in Rome, Atlanta, Gainesville, Newnan, Macon and Athens. Please visit our blog to view posts by our attorneys for additional information about bankruptcy and a variety of other topics we hope you will find interesting and helpful.